Friday, June 29, 2018

Lisbon

The trip got off to a rough start (short connection between SEA and ATL, missed flight, Atlanta Best Western, arrived a day late), but once I got here, took a nap, got settled, and saw some sights yesterday, I knew I'd really like Lisbon. I'm in a charming neighborhood a little off the beaten track, there are cool old buildings along with cool new art, and until it started raining just as I was ending my day today, the weather has been wonderfully cool but not too cool -- warm but not too warm, and I spent the day in the lovely hill-town of Sintra with my new friend Brenda, whom I met on the flight over.
Belém Tower - 16th century
This bridge looks really familiar. 
Roadway near where I'm staying.
my neighborhood, the apartment where I'm staying is in the middle section.