Saturday, January 25, 2020

New York Times Travel Show

A day of meeting people in order to explore new places to go. My friend Jeff, who loves to travel as much as I do, met me in New York to attend the New York Time Travel Show at the Javits Center. I spent three years attending tradeshows at the Javits for a previous job, so consider the convention center one of my old stomping grounds. Jeff and I spent the day walking the show, stopping at booths promoting tourism on 6 of the 7 continents -- although trips to South Georgia Island get close to the 7th. 


I have a definite need to visit the Seychelle Islands
Guadeloupe Islands look great too - that's where Death in Paradise
is filmed (a TV show I like) and I've always thought it looked beautiful...
although come to think of it, there seem to be an unusually high number of murders there. 
Thank you, no. 
And then to Emily's in the West Village for an incredible burger (at $26, it better have been) and pizza with Mozzarella, pistachio, truffle cheese, and honey. Trust me, it's spectacular.
Walking back to midtown from downtown I noticed something on the google map which make me take a picture of this building:
Look familiar?
"So no one told you life was gonna be this way..."
how about now?