I wanted to get to Cambridge with Greg when we were in London in February, but since we ran out of time and energy, I decided to come back to the UK and take the walk through Grantchester Meadows (another location 'as seen on TV') that I wasn't able to do last time. That was the highlight in Cambridge, but the university buildings and general vibe of the town were cool too.
| Possibly the tree where an apple fell on Isaac Newton's head... probably never happened but it is an apple tree and he did reside in the building behind it. |
| Kind of like going to school at Hogwarts. |
Punting on the River Cam
My walk from Grantchester Village to Cambridge started here and the Orchard Tea Garden:
...and ended on the outskirts of town.
Near my little village of Fulbourn:
And then Ryan Air for the first time ever (no brawling broke out) to Lisbon!