Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Room with a View (and a hammock)


My biggest problem today was having to move between two lounge chairs by the pool. One was in the sun and one was in the shade and I was going back and forth between being a little too warm and occasionally, just a wee bit cold (“cold” being a relative term here, I’d guess it was in the mid 70s today). Given that the chairs were side by side, this was not a huge problem.

I started the day by having coffee and my fruit-and-yogurt breakfast on my patio and then I painted my toenails. This bit of business taken care of, I skipped the gym and went to the pool where I caught up with some friends on email, took a dip, read a couple chapters of a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel (Middlesex; I don’t know what took me so long, it’s wonderful), ate lunch, drank a margarita, took another dip, and then went back to my room to shower before my 4pm massage.

BD lunch
The massage was nice and the spa was really pretty. The post-massage relaxation area was a large outdoor deck with lounge chairs and a Jacuzzi. The spa is on the top (7th) floor of the hotel and the view and the breeze were lovely.