Saturday, February 27, 2016

L.A. Story

I left Cabo on Saturday and flew to San Diego; my cousin Andrea and her daughter Jessica picked me up and took me to their home in Oceanside, which is about an hour north, and I spent several wonderful days with them, basking in the sunshine, walking Lucy, the dog with Andrea, working from the dining-room table, and generally continuing along my vagabond way. Yesterday, I got on a train in Oceanside and took it to Union Station in L.A., from there I caught a bus to LAX, picked up a car, and drove to the Los Feliz neighborhood. I had a room booked in a what turns out to be a lovely house owned by the equally lovely Sammy. I'll be staying here for the weekend, doing a little exploring, doing a little shopping, working from yet another remote 'office space' on Monday, and heading out on Tuesday. The month of meandering continues.
Sammy's house in Los Feliz












this will be my office space on Monday
these two will be my office-mates
Today I got up and drove to the Getty Villa which is off the Pacific Coast Highway. The villa was built by J. Paul Getty and houses 44,000 Greek, Roman, and Etruscan antiquities dating from 6,500 B.C. to 400 A.D. I'm not much into ancient treasure, but I am interested in architecture, so I took the tour of the building which is modeled after a villa in ancient Rome. I only went into a couple of the galleries after the tour, but it was a lovely day to be outside, walking around a villa built by a billionaire.

And then, in a fun coincidence, Cheryl happens to be in L.A. this weekend too, visiting Andy and Kim, and in a further coincidence, Andy and Kim also live in Los Feliz - so they all came over this afternoon for a chat, and we're getting together for dinner later. This is so much fun, I don't miss being home at all!