Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Office Space

This is my home office in Seattle. I really like this room. I spend a lot of time in it - Monday through Friday, 8ish hours a day; I've been a teleworker for almost three years and rarely go to my company's actual office, where previously I had a nondescript cubicle on a floor filled with cubicles, in an office building, which took me close to an hour to get to on a good day, and close to two hours to get home from on a bad day. I love being able to work from home, and I'll never be able to beat the 20-foot commute from my bedroom to this room.

But this week my 'home office' is here:

My 'desk' is on the patio of a lovely house on the outskirts of Cabo San Lucas. It's in a quiet residential neighborhood off the highway, across from which there's a taco stand, and that's really all I need as an antidote to winter in Seattle. The patio will be my office until Thursday, I'm considering another surfing lesson on Friday, and Saturday I'll be off on another warm-weather adventure in SoCal.

The beauty of being able to work from home, is that "home" can be anywhere, so this month, I find myself meandering to parts south; first stop was Sacramento, second stop Cabo, third stop will be Oceanside, CA, then L.A., then back to Sacramento, and finally home... that is, primary home. 

Tomorrow I might work from the upstairs patio at this house - different view: