Wednesday, January 30, 2019

NYC in Winter

It’s been a really long time since I’ve landed in NYC at night or been there when it's really cold, but I wanted to go somewhere for my birthday at the end of January, and while I usually opt for someplace warm, it has been two years since I've been to New York, and that's one year too many. So I bundled up and booked a room at the Yotel in Midtown. The motif of the hotel is PURPLE (you can see the signage glowing purple from a block away), and this was my room when I opened the door:

Luckily, the color spectrum is entirely adjustable so this is what it looked like once I figured that out:

Friday night:
 Saturday morning:
My friend, Shelagh happened to be in D.C. the same weekend,
so she and her sister Missy met me in NYC and
they treated me Swedish Princess Birthday Cake on Saturday morning. 

The Guggenheim


Hilma af Klint: Painting for the Future



 Saturday afternoon:

birthday dessert: vanilla ice cream stuffed profiteroles with chocolate olive oil.
Sunday:
At DIA: Beacon



main hall was empty; new exhibition going in soon.
I love this space.
 

 Monday:
Finally got to eat a cronut. Worth the wait and the hype.