Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Too Much Food: Mexico City

This morning, Brenda and I had some spectacularly rich and delicious French toast for breakfast, a spectacular lunch at Contramar, and dinner at Pujol. #imfull.
Contramar

tostadas: shrimp and tuna

fish tacos


And then it was time for dinner. I confess that I wasn't even remotely hungry but I valiantly stuffed myself with some of the most exquisite food I've ever had.

roasted and smoked baby corn

chayote squash slices with lobster ceviche 

softshell crab, cucumber, daikon, shiso leaves

sea bass with some details I don't remember - but the combo, whatever it was, was utterly delicious

the dark mole had been aged 1,777 days, the light mole was made that morning.
Mole is one of my least favorite parts of Mexican cuisine, but this was interesting. 

coffee tamale, ginger ice cream, honeycomb

the lightest churro ever made
I absolutely LOVED Mexico city and can't wait to go back.