Monday, June 14, 2021

The Stahl House

Took the BEST house tour before I left L.A. The story of the Stahl house began when a small parcel of land was purchased by Buck and Carlotta Stahl in 1954 in the hills above Sunset Boulevard. The house was finished in 1960 and is a glorious example of mid-century modern architecture. The things I love most about the house is that it's small. This is by no means a mansion. There are two bedrooms, three bathrooms, and an open-plan kitchen, dining area, and living room. I think the pool takes up almost as much of the lot as the footprint of the house -- but the view and the access to the view from nearly every spot in the house is what makes this place spectacular. 

very unassuming entrance, but check out the view to the right. Also, my car looks great in the driveway, and I should totally live there. 

every other glass panel slides open almost all the way around the house.







I could be very happy here.