Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Inverness

It was quick drive to the ferry this morning which is how I left Price Edward Island. The crossing was 75 minutes and as I was admiring the view for the first 20 minutes or so, I couldn't help but think that as great as the scenery is around here, it's not better than what I see on any day I decide to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, which I can pretty much do anytime I want when I'm home #ilovelivinginseattle.






Got a tour of the bridge. I overheard the guy on the right, an old Navy guy who was interested in ships, ask a guy who was working in the on-board restaurant if he could see the bridge; the restaurant guy called the first mate (on the left) who came down to meet the first guy - and I asked if I could tag along.  

Nice view from up there. 


I drove off the boat and for a couple of hours until I got Inverness on Cape Breton Island, just ahead of the rain.

My accommodation for the night. 
View out the back.
Dinner: lobster fresh from the Atlantic.