Saturday, September 15, 2018

Peggy's Cove and Halifax Food Tour

Yesterday, after another one of Joey's insane breakfast, I headed to Peggy's Cove, which is a little village with a lighthouse and little else. People flock there though as it's a nice day trip from Halifax to a picturesque coastal village, and taking leisurely drives to picturesque coastal villages is one of my favorite things.











After going for a short walk along the coast, I drove back to Halifax and met up with Scott for some tips on what things to see when I drive the Cabot Trail in a couple of days. Wendy, Christina, and I met Scott a couple of years ago in Whistler, he was staying at the same place as us, and when I found out he lived in Nova Scotia, I basically forced him to be friends with me in case I ever showed up here, which I now have. Anyhow, I met up with Scott in town and got a great list of stops in Cape Breton, which is where he's from, and where I'll be heading in a few days. After my travel consultation, I met up with Rachel who was leading my food tour - a tour on which I was the only participant, which was great. Rachel was a font of knowledge about Halifax, its immigrant populations, and the downtown food scene.

We had a lot of great eats on the tour, the
last of which was this lemon curd pavlova. 
Halifax Library