Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Rooms and Views: Toronto

When I was very young, I wanted to live in a high-rise with a view of the big city. I wasn't sure which big city it would be, but I certainly didn't think it would be Toronto. I'm perfectly happy in my low-rise, non-view home in medium-sized Seattle, but for the next five days, this view of Toronto is mine.



It was 22 degrees when I landed and part of me seriously considered cozying up and just staring out the windows for the rest of the evening, but I knew if this November foray into the great frozen north was going to work, I had to bundle up and head out, which I did. Only one thing on the agenda for today, visit the highest spot in North America, the CN Tower. It was about a 20 minute walk, and my face - the only exposed part of my body, was numb when I arrived, but it was worth it. When you live in a medium-sized city, it's good to be reminded what a BIG CITY looks like.
from 1,136 feet up
 

from 1,465 up



view on the walk from my apartment to the tower
daytime view from my apartment