Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Fjord-tastic, Part II

Today was a spectacular day in Bergen, a great day to be on the water. We boarded our sight-seeing boat at 10am and cruised through the Osterfjord. Jen and I didn't think we could like a Norwegian city more than Stavanger — until we got to Bergen.







So you know that thing of when you go on a trip and it turns out that someone you know is also in that far-flung place? Like last summer when I went to Berlin and it just so happened that my friend Wendy was there too - so we met for coffee... in Germany. Or many years ago when I went to London for the first time and it turned out that my friend David was also in London - we met at the National Gallery then went to a pub for a pint of Guinness. I remember David was going from London to Paris, he was going to meet up with a girl from back home in Sacramento whom he was dating; fun fact: they've been married now for over 20 years. So I have some experience with this, but it was still really fun to meet up with my pal Kirstin who lives in San Diego, since she also just happened to be in Bergen, Norway.
international coinci-friend
appropriate drink for today