Monday, September 11, 2017

Ridin' and Shootin'

Today after breakfast, we saddled up and went for a ride. This was just a trail ride (like I've done before) through the woods and around a pretty reservoir, but it didn't really involve any true riding, more just sitting on a horse while it took a walk. Still it was a nice way to see the area and it was a beautiful day.


After the ride, we came back to camp and did a little skeet shooting. I tried skeet shooting a very long time ago and all I remember was that I did hit the edge of a disc one time, and the incredible pain in my shoulder from the kick of the shotgun. This time, Robert, the ranch owner and our guide for a lot of our activities, introduced us to a Benelli, Italian-made shotgun, and then let the clay pigeons fly. We each got three turns before switching off and of the first three sets, I hit two out of three each time, except on my last and final set when I missed all three, but by then my shoulder ached so much I was glad just put the gun down and let the skeet live.