Saturday, August 10, 2019

Loch Lomond and the Kelpies

Friday was my last day in Arrochar. My friend Neloni (the previously mentioned Dilini's sister) who lives near Glasgow, along with her friend Cathy who was visiting from California, came and picked me up from the B & B. I said goodbye to Cristina, the owner, whom I felt rather close to after spending four days in her house, and we drove to Tarbet, where I had walked to the day before, and took a little cruise on Loch Lomond, the largest lake in the U.K.


After Loch Lomond, we headed back to Glasgow, but Neloni stopped on the way at Helix Park, about 30 miles outside the city, so we could see the Kelpies, a rather stunning display of public art.



After walking around the massive horse heads, Nelo dropped me off at a hotel in Glasgow, and yesterday I took the train back to London.