Sunday, July 28, 2019

Canal Life: London


London is once again sweltering. I'm writing this from Glasgow, which is also sweltering, because during my two days in London before coming here, it was too hot to take pictures or do much of anything. On my last night there, I manged to muster the energy to go on a dinner cruise through the canals of Little Venice. When I lived in London for a couple of months in 2008, I used to walk along the canals quite a bit, so it was nice to experience them from the water instead of the walking path.,

Welcome drink was cider brandy. I heard one guest compare it to cough syrup but I liked it. 

Chef Steve and his sous chef Sasha whipped up a wonderful seafood dinner in a galley the size of a closet. 
I eat oysters very occasionally, this one was delicious. 



yummy fried sardine.

spinach and watercress soup topped with crab  - this was spectacular.

hake from Cornwall

sorbet with apricots for dessert

Lots of Londoners were out on a Friday evening, picnicking on these little rental boats.