Sunday, July 28, 2019

Glasgow

Arrived in Glasgow by train yesterday and met up with my friend Dilini whom I last saw 14 years ago when she lived in Spain. It felt like I'd seen her a week ago. Dilini gave me a little driving tour of Glasgow after which we went to the house in which she grew up to visit her mother, my Auntie Celia (my mom and Auntie Celia were schoolgirls together in Sri Lanka) and then we went back to her flat and she made me dinner. It's a real gift to have friends all over the world.

Walking tour today of the East side of Glasgow. All of Europe is complaining about the weather so I have to add that it was sweltering. In Scotland. Which is just. Not. Right. It started off cool and I was delighted to be in jeans, a sweater, and my raincoat. Then it started to rain - boiling hot rain as far as I could tell. It felt like New Orleans in August inside my raincoat but once I peeled it off it was an enjoyable tour of some great spots around town.